Mouse egg cells made from skin cells. Driverless car has fatal accident. Trigger for recurring bladder infection discovered. Limits for fine dust and nitrogen oxides diverge. DNA analysis to be extended in criminal cases. The Science Media Center Germany helps journalists with their reporting.
When science hits the headlines or major events in the world need to be assessed by proven experts, SMC Germany will deliver knowledge-based expertise for journalists. And that includes you.
This is how journalists like you can benefit from SMC’s work:
- discover science-related topics of public relevance
- acquire quotations and facts for your reporting
- access off-the-record knowledge for your research
- be able to contextualise a topic better and faster
- be told about aspects that the media have not yet covered but deserve attention
- find experts for your own interviews on a topic
- use sound bites from SMC press briefings for your own stories
- take part in exclusive workshops
As a registered journalist, it does not matter whether you work for newspapers or magazines, online media or news agencies, for radio or television: make use of our free offers.
Are you a full-time journalist?
Do you work for German-language media in Germany, Austria or Switzerland?
Would you like to receive the Science Media Center Germany’s expert statements and fact sheets in German and take part in SMC press briefings?
If so, please complete this online accreditation form. (only in German)